Sunday, October 7, 2007

The Pregnant Lady/New Mom Club

I have gained membership into the Pregnant Lady Club and I didn't even apply. As a member of this club, you are also accepted as a future member of the New Mom Club. These new moms LOVE to voluntarily tell you how much they hate breast feeding, how much I WILL HATE IT TOO. They love to tell me how I will stop breast feeding in no time and stick the kid on some artificial freaking drink even though it is so expensive. They love to tell me all kinds of other things.

These are women who think I want to hear them whine, I have known for all of 2 minutes. Realtors. Realtors who open their own Pandora's box of motherly misery when Corey and I tell them we are looking for a 2 bedroom or bigger because we are expecting. We want to be nice because these ladies might eventually present our offer to an owner but inside I am screaming "SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE. You don't know me, and I don't know how I will be breast feeding or whatever else they want to complain about but for Christ-sake let me at least feel like I can try, like my mom did and MANY of my friends do or did. Just because you couldn't hack it don't put that energy on me"!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I breastfed both Ian and Amber. Ian for a year and a half and Amber let go at a year. There's nothing like the way you look into each others eyes at feeding time. It's a bond that could never be touched. Fuck ya it hurt!! There were several nights when I would wake them because my breasts felt like they were going to explode but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Amber still wonders why I don't have any more milk in my boobs LOL.

Anonymous said...

Is there a La Leche League meeting you can attend? You should start in your 8th or 9th month. Those women are not only suportive but have the answers to the many questions that come up when you breatfeed. I really loved the women of La Leche League. Of course, you can always call me as well!

Juliette & Corey's Baby Blog said...

Yep there are several leagues in Manhattan and Brooklyn. I already looked into them, and the childbirth edu classes we will take also havea package deal we are going for- childbirth edu class, plus breast feeding and infant care. They also suggest the daddy attends the breast feeding class so that if I am having a problem, he might remember a tip that I do not. NYC is awesome. We have everything.

Anonymous said...

Just wait until some stranger on the street touches AND RUBS your belly, WTF!! I've out been with frieds when they are pregnant and have actually stepped inbetween some lady at the grocery store and my fried, Maggie's, belly "hands off BITCH"!!
Even better is when you finally have the kid and a stranger wants to pinch thier cheeks, again... WTF! XOXO Jess - the one with no kids but tryin'.. alot.;)

Juliette & Corey's Baby Blog said...

Oh man, I am NOT looking forward to cussin out strangers who touch my belly so maybe I should give my self some assertiveness training for it now.
Look at myself in the mirror. Pretend someone touched my belly.
Scream "HANDS OFF BITCH"
Repeat.