I have heard that pregnant women get food aversions so when I started to become averse to fish, which I craved in the very beginning of the pregnancy, it made sense. I mean it really stinks. It smells completely gross to me.
But this week I seem to have become averse to *gasp* meat. Yes, I said it, meat. And poultry. And pork. I like the essence o' pork. Or the essence of any of the aforementioned offenders in say a soup, broth or the jous blessing some noodles or beans. But I find myself picking out or pushing aside the meats. This is particularly odd for me, cause anyone who knows me knows, I need to eat meats to feel balanced.
If I don't eat meat I get really cranky and get hungry again soon after I eat. I mean even just the week before I felt like I NEEDED a hamburger daily. I ate cheeseburgers twice that week from GoodBurger. But now I am also paranoid about eating ground beef because of the recent E. Coli scare (see my professional blog for details on the recall of beef www.amazinghealing.com/blog ).
I have been dealing with this OK, eating lots of beans and peanut butter. But I am really hungry and I need to eat lots of food.
Corey and I went grocery shopping today. I asked him to go to the meat section to get my dog some ground turkey because I could already smell the stench from about 5 aisles away. I bought fixins to prepare some homemade hummus, and make gandules (with essence of pork fat AKA bacon) to serve with rice. Oh and bought more nuts. I also bought some garlic and onion marinated tofu which I will put into an eggplant and tomato sauce pasta. And I made a delicious curry lentil soup last night (with essence of chicken AKA broth) which I served up with couscous. Yummy!
If you have any yummy veg recipes send them my way. I'll try them out until I become averse to whatever the ingredients are or I begin craving meat again. Which ever comes first.
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL, ahh the joys of pregnancy. I could only eat white rice for the first 3 months with Ian. Everything and I mean everything made me throw up. Then once I could eat again all I craved was mac and cheese with tuna fish. I coudn't have it as much as I wanted to because of the mercury. I actually started eating meat again when I was 5 months along. I was a veg-head then remember. So our babies are on two different planes. Amber it was hot dogs, which explains why she loves them so. My friend couldn't eat chicken her entire pregnancy. Looks like you have to start putting tofu into your dishes until you can stand meat again. Freeze it first because then it absorbs the flavor of whatever you're cooking and it changes the texture so it doesn't feel like you're eating slim. I liked stir frying it and then putting it in sauce with some pasta. Yummy!!!!
don't forget lentils - lentils and rice, lentils and pasta, lentil soup with lots of veggies and essence of port aka bacon, lentil loaf. Good stuff.
Eggplant parmigiana...use hard parmigiana cheese instead of muzzerella or use provolone.
Thank you to everyone who commented on this post and sent me receipes!!
Post a Comment