Monday, December 17, 2007

My momma would be proud.

I ate a piece of fish! My moms has been bugging me about eating fish because she keeps reading about how the fish oils are good for the baby's brain development.

Well, I ate a piece of grilled sea bass. When I got home from the resturaunt and glanced at my list of fish that pregnant women should eat and avoid, I saw sea bass on the avoid list due to mercury levels. Oh well I tried.

Anyway, didn't mean to let you down moms! I tried to eat fish and I failed. I figured that since sea bass is a light white fish, that does not taste or smell to fishy it could get it down. It tasted ok.
But the truth is that all these research studies about how people should be eating fish all the time or taking fish oils, really do not convince me. There are many cultures that have no access to fish and those people are just fine. So if I still need to avoid fish because the smell and taste make want to vomit then so be it.

No comments: