This baby has already been to three concerts and one radical poetry reading. We're givin' this kid the learnin' as early as possible.
1. Sonic Youth at McCarren Pool. Sonic Youth are musical genius. They played the entire Daydream Nation album. Here's clip of Teenage Riot from that show. Then, they uncharacteristically played an encore of a bunch of other stuff. We were accompanied by Aunt Renee who bought our ticket. Oh yeah, and we got see Kim dance.
2. KRS-1 at the Prospect Park bandshell. Again with Aunt Nene. Check out this video that shows when KRS-1 invited B-Boys and B-Girls up onto the stage and they rocked it! Although, I had a sneakin' suspicion I was preggers, it was the night of this show when I really realized I was most probably pregnant. I came home and started to tell Corey how I was feeling; lightheaded and fatigued all week, not to mention unlikely-for-me-cravings of sugary foods when he said, "Are you pregnant?" I told him, "I think so". I took the test the next day to confirm. POSITIVE!!
3. The Police at Giant's Stadium. Don't ask me how much I paid for tickets. They played Driven to Tears. They played Walkin' on the Moon---such a romantic song!! Yep, Nene was there too. Sorry no links cause all the You-Tube recordings from the recent shows stink. But some good ones from shows in the 80's, fans should go to You-tube to play.
4. Heard Amiri Baraka and Sonia Sanchez's beautiful, radical, political poetry at SummerStage in Central Park. Well, not radical to us radicals, but maybe radical to the rest of the world. Corey, Renee and I attended. I wonder if Sonia Sanchez knows she is a goddess whose words reach in and caress the hearts of those who hear her. Sonia poem link is from the day we saw her. Amiri's is a link to the "poem that got him banned".
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad to be on record as this baby's official link to cool music. Next up - Zap Mama. After all, we don't want this kid to thing the US has a lock on fresh music.
Post a Comment